Fillings in the modern times can be functional as well as beautiful. Fillings (restorations) are used to replace tooth that are decayed. Fillings are also used to repair broken, chipped or worn out teeth.
Composite fillings are aesthetic looking due to numerous shades.
In case cavity preparation becomes very large, dentist might recommend inlays/onlay or crown restorations that are used to replace more tooth structure.
Sometimes the integrity of the filling is compromised and the dentist may recommend changing it.
Porcelain veneers offer the ultimate in aesthetics.
It is a thin layer of porcelain that bonds to the natural surface of the tooth. The tooth is minimally prepared, impressions taken and sent to the lab for fabrication.
Veneers can close gaps between teeth, change colour and shape while at the same time maintaining the functionality of the tooth.
The clear way to straighten your teeth.
Some orthodontic cases will still need traditional braces but in most cases, the patient could be a candidate for Invisalign.
These are custom trays made for you using new CAD/CAM technology which will slowly straighten your teeth. Aligners are to be changed every 2 weeks until the patient achieves a beautiful smile.
The treatment last anything from 9 to 15 months.
Professional dental cleaning is performed by Registered Dental Hygienist of the clinic. They will evaluate the patient’s gums and measure the gum recession and also evaluate the potential bone loss, early on.
During each visit, these checks are re-evaluated and the results are discussed in detail with the patient.
Dental cleaning consists of removal of plaque and calculus. Plaque is pale yellow that develops naturally on the teeth. It contains bacteria trying to attach themselves on the tooth’s smooth surface. It starts to harden within 48 hours and in about 10 days becomes dental calculus (tartar) which is hard and difficult to remove.
Dental cleanings need to be done at different intervals for different patients. The dentist and hygienist evaluate on how frequent the visits need to be. It can vary anywhere from 3 – 9 months.
A new research points to direct link between periodontal disease and heart disease. Also people with periodontal disease are almost as likely to suffer from coronary atrial disease as those without periodontal disease.
- It is a treatment of a tooth which has infected the nerve leading to pain and infection. It involves the removal of nerves and blood vessels, shaping and cleaning the canals and, eventually filling them with an inert material called Gutta Percha.
A crown is recommended to prevent fracture of the tooth after root canal is done.
- Sport injuries are very common. Protecting your teeth can be as simple as placing a sport guard which can be custom made at our premises.
- The dentist can diagnose the signs and symptoms of people who grind their teeth at night time. The pressure generated at night can be quite intense and can lead to sore muscles, migraines and simply wearing away your teeth. A bruxism appliance / night guard can prevent future damage to your teeth. It is custom made to for your teeth (for both upper and lower jaws) at our premises.
- Dental implants are a way to replace missing teeth.They are inserted directly into your jaw bone and later a crown is placed on them and they can be used as a natural tooth.They help in restoring the function and esthetics of our missing dentition.
- Velscope screening is looking for cancer before a person has any symptoms. This can find cancer at an early stage which is easier to treat.At our dental clinic velscope is used which uses blue spectrum light which shows lesions often before they are visible to the unassisisted eye . The entire exam takes 2 minutes.
- Helmets for your teeth.
It is a type of dental restorations that completely encircles a tooth or dental implant. They could be metal based or Zircone based. Each piece is decided based on your requirements. They help to improve the strength and appearance of the tooth.
- They are a way to replace the missing teeth which uses the support of adjacent teeth.
- They are used to replace missing teeth. It could be :
1) Complete where in all teeth and surrounding gums are replaced.
2) Partial - where a few teeth are replaced.
Dentures could be made of acrylic or cast metal depending on the patient’s requirements. It will help to get better function and esthetics.
- At our dental clinic there are a few options that could be done to help you achieve a brighter smile. A dentist or a hygienist could help you decide if you would be a suitable candidate for either in-office bleaching, custom trays or whitening stripes.
The results may vary from patient to patient.